SOLARWINDPRONET

SOLARWINDPRONET

About me

My photo
Teacher, activist, interested in energy technology, climate change, environmental issues and global security.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Solar Power In Israel

Israel has not been among the most active solar power countries. But now it seems that solar power generation is spreading rapidly in this land of plenty of sunny days. What do you think about a kibbutz that makes solar power a good new business? It's called  Arava Power Company, estimated to grow up to 2 billion USD Solar power enterpise in the future.

And their example has started a solar power boom in Israel. Now, for example,  the daytime peak power consumtion of the city of Eilat is covered by one third with solar power.

The Arab countries could also use their large desert areas to generate enough solar and wind energy for them and their neighbour countries.

LINK - NEW YORK TIMES:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/world/middleeast/kibbutz-in-israeli-desert-turns-to-solar-power.html?_r=1&ref=middleeast


 JPS

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I was looking up solar in the bay area when I came across your post. I am glad I did because it was very interesting. I have never heard of Arava Power Company. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear that you found it interesting, Lauren. So did I, it was a surprize for me how quickly solar power has been increasing in Israel. What a wonderful thing! :-)
      JPS

      Delete
  2. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. solar farm

    ReplyDelete