SOLARWINDPRONET

SOLARWINDPRONET

About me

My photo
Teacher, activist, interested in energy technology, climate change, environmental issues and global security.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

USA Could Have 80% of its Energy From Renewable Sources by 2050



According to National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL is a national laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Effciency and Renewable EnergyUSA could well have 80% of its electric power generation made with renewable energy sources in 2050.

Renewable Electricity Futures Study finds out that already commercially available renewable energy generating technologies combined with more flexible electric system is more than adequate to supply 80% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2050 while meeting electricity demand everywhere in every part of the country.

Renewable Electricity Futures Report is divided in four volumes. In addition to that there are available the modelling and cost data used in the study.

You can find the report here:

http://www.nrel.gov/analysis/re_futures/





IAEA gave recently out a report of nuclear power plants of the world. Quite surprizingly almost all of the Japanese NPPs (47 of them) were marked as "Long-Term Shutdown" plants. Let's hope they stay like that! Or even better - will be moved to "Permanently Shutdown NPPs" category!

Link - World Nuclear Industry Status Report:

http://www.worldnuclearreport.org/spip.php?article132

*     *     *


I apologize for not updating my energy blogs for a long time. In addition to Christmas and New Year celebration with my children and grandson I have been quite busy with my video movie projects and setting up a new computer optimized for video editing. It really took weeks of around-the-clock working days - especially fighting with the program bugs and system crash-events. Didn't have enough nerves to start blogging when having certain deadlines with my video projects.

I try to update my blogs more frequently in the future - so stay tuned.

I Wish All my Readers a Better and More Renewable Year 2013!



 
Picture: Jukka Seppälä/Creator's Fingerprints

JPS

No comments:

Post a Comment